2020 FALL SESSION
Join our school-family as we begin Reggio's Summer Session together this year. Find our daily schedules, curriculum topics, our plans for health and safety post-covid, and so much more!
Fall Session operates September 8th - June 11th.
Ready to save your seat?
SAFETY AND HEALTH
We encourage our community to read through the changes we have made to our program that maximize our ability to provide our community with a safe and healthy school to return to. Reggio is confident in our ability to implement these changes seamlessly while continuing to provide the comfortable, loving, and educational environment that our students are familiar with.
The following regulations were designed by Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care, The Maryland Department of Health, and the leadership team of Reggio & Co. Any regulations or limitations that are lifted throughout the 2020-2021 Fall Session will be communicated to our families and published here immediately.
1. TEACHERS ARE RE-TRAINED DURING SHUTDOWN IN MOST RECENT SANITATION AND DISINFECTION COURSE FROM CARE COURSES THROUGH MSDE.
2. REGGIO WILL HAVE STRONG EMPHASIS OF OUTDOOR LEARNING DURING SUMMER SESSION.
3. ALL CHILDREN AND TEACHERS WILL HAVE TEMPERATURE AND SYMPTOM SCREENING BEFORE ENTERING BUILDING.
4. OUR BUILDING WILL REMAIN FREE OF TRACTION FROM PARENTS, VISITORS, VOLUNTEERS, AND OTHERS TO KEEP FREE OF NEW GERMS SPREADING. ONLY STUDENTS AND TEACHERS ARE TO ENTER REGGIO AT THIS TIME.
5. CLASSROOM RATIOS ARE REDUCED FROM 12 STUDENTS TO 8 STUDENTS (PREK1) AND 20 STUDENTS TO 9 STUDENTS (PREK2-3). LIMITED CLASS RATIOS IN OUR CLASSROOMS THAT RANGE FROM 650-950SF SUPPORT SOCIAL DISTANCING APPROPRIATELY FOR OUR INDUSTRY.
6. CLASSROOM TEACHERS ARE THE ONLY ONES PERMITTED TO ENTER THEIR ASSIGNED CLASSROOMS. NO ADULT MIXING OR CHILD MIXING FROM OTHER CLASSROOMS WILL OCCUR TO PREVENT CROSS-CONTAMINATION.
7. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, CLASSROOMS WILL NOT JOIN IN MIXED PLAY SPACES WITH STUDENTS FROM VARIOUS CLASSROOMS ENGAGING THAT THE SAME TIME.
8. TEACHERS WILL BLEACH THE GYM AND PLAYGROUND UPON LEAVING TO SANITIZE FOR THE NEXT CLASSROOM TO ENTER.
9. TEACHERS WILL BLEACH TOYS AND LEARNING MATERIALS AT THE END OF EACH DAY
10. REGGIO REMAINS FREE FROM LINENS AND FABRICS, NAP MATS WILL BE SENT HOME FOR FAMILIES TO WASH NIGHTLY.
11. CHILDREN AND EDUCATORS WILL PRACTICE HAND-WASHING REGULARLY.
12. ALL CHILDREN'S BELONGINGS WILL BE KEPT SEPARATELY FROM THOSE OF OTHER CHILDREN TO PREVENT CROSS-CONTAMINATION. LUNCHBOXES WILL NOT BE MIXED IN REFRIGERATION BUT KEPT COOL WITH ICE PACKS FROM HOME.