We encourage our community to read through the changes we have made to our program that maximize our ability to provide our community with a safe and healthy school to return to. Reggio is confident in our ability to implement these changes seamlessly while continuing to provide the comfortable, loving, and educational environment that our students are familiar with.
The following regulations were designed by Maryland State Department of Education Office of Child Care, The Maryland Department of Health, and the leadership team of Reggio & Co. Any regulations or limitations that are lifted throughout the 2020-2021 Fall Session will be communicated to our families and published here immediately.
1. TEACHERS ARE RE-TRAINED DURING SHUTDOWN IN MOST RECENT SANITATION AND DISINFECTION COURSE FROM CARE COURSES THROUGH MSDE.
2. REGGIO WILL HAVE STRONG EMPHASIS OF OUTDOOR LEARNING DURING THE SCHOOL DAY.
3. ALL CHILDREN AND TEACHERS WILL HAVE TEMPERATURE AND SYMPTOM SCREENING BEFORE ENTERING BUILDING.
4. OUR BUILDING WILL REMAIN FREE OF TRACTION FROM PARENTS, VISITORS, VOLUNTEERS, AND OTHERS TO KEEP FREE OF NEW GERMS SPREADING. ONLY STUDENTS AND TEACHERS ARE TO ENTER REGGIO AT THIS TIME.
5. CLASSROOM RATIOS ARE THE FOLLOWING: 12 STUDENTS TO 2 TEACHERS (PREK1) AND 20 STUDENTS TO 14 STUDENTS TO 1 TEACHER (PREK2-PREK3). LIMITED CLASS RATIOS IN OUR CLASSROOMS THAT SUPPORT SOCIAL DISTANCING APPROPRIATELY FOR OUR INDUSTRY.
6. CLASSROOM TEACHERS ARE THE ONLY ONES PERMITTED TO ENTER THEIR ASSIGNED CLASSROOMS. NO ADULT MIXING OR CHILD MIXING FROM OTHER CLASSROOMS WILL OCCUR TO PREVENT CROSS-CONTAMINATION.
7. UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, CLASSROOMS WILL NOT JOIN IN MIXED PLAY SPACES WITH STUDENTS FROM VARIOUS CLASSROOMS ENGAGING THAT THE SAME TIME, UNLESS IN OUTSIDE SPACES.
8. TEACHERS WILL BLEACH THE GYM, PLAYGROUND, AND BATHROOMS UPON LEAVING TO SANITIZE FOR THE NEXT CLASSROOM TO ENTER.
9. TEACHERS WILL BLEACH TOYS AND LEARNING MATERIALS AT THE END OF EACH DAY.
10. REGGIO REMAINS FREE FROM LINENS AND FABRICS, NAP MATS WILL BE SENT HOME FOR FAMILIES TO WASH WEEKLY AND STORED SEPARATELY DURING THE LEARNING DAY.
11. CHILDREN AND EDUCATORS WILL PRACTICE HAND-WASHING REGULARLY: BEFORE EATING, AFTER BATHROOM AND CHANGES, AND THROUGHOUT THE LEARNING DAY.
12. ALL CHILDREN'S BELONGINGS WILL BE KEPT SEPARATELY FROM THOSE OF OTHER CHILDREN TO PREVENT CROSS-CONTAMINATION. LUNCHBOXES WILL NOT BE MIXED IN REFRIGERATION BUT KEPT COOL WITH ICE PACKS FROM HOME.
13. EDUCATORS WILL BE MASKED THROUGHOUT THE LEARNING DAY, CHILDREN HAVE THE OPTION TO WEAR MASKS AT SCHOOL- THIS IS NOT REQUIRED FOR CHILDREN UNDER 5 YEARS.